What is inflammation? Inflammation is inflamed tissues in your body. Inflammation comes from those tissues that have dried out & have no moisture to make them flexible. Inflammation is what you see in your elders when they just drink hot water & decide that food isn’t for them. Inflammation is how joints will quit working & turn into gnarly looking branches you see outside if left long enough & are very sore & hurt very much. The only way to bring them back from how they look & feel is to start drinking liquids with nutrients which include vitamins, minerals, amino acids, etc. that I have talked about in other posts which help to start relieving the pain & in time will get the joints moving again. This will only help if food & lots of fluids are kept up in your body’s systems & exercising & moving these joints each & every day until they are actually flexible to be like you want them to be.
Here are a few types of inflammation that you can have: 1) arthritis, 2) bursitis, 3) tendonitis, 4) laryngitis, 5) bronchitis, 6) conjunctivitis, 7) phlebitis, 8) gout. Each 1 has something that affects other parts of your body when the tissues are inflamed or expanded to make it uncomfortable as you move those parts of your body that have inflammation. Inflamed tissues are never easy to deal with from day to day. Each type of inflammation that is listed will be explained as I remember how they affect the body & their parts around them.
1) Arthritis is inflammation to the joints in several areas of the body. Arthritis is at the elbows, fingers, toes, knees, hips, wrists, shoulders & ankles. It is made by uric acid that has been crystallized in the joints which show redness & pain. Each area that is arthritic has a name by doctors in order for them to know where to work on you. Osteoarthritis is known to hit the joints in hips, ankles, knees, fingers, wrists, elbows, spine & neck that are weight-bearing. Rheumatoid arthritis attacks lining of joints & can be severe causing excruciating pain.
2) Bursitis is inflammation to the bursae or the fluid filled sacs reducing friction in your joints. This means it happens when you are overdoing an exercise & that part isn’t able to reduce the friction when overworking the body in those areas like the muscles & joints in elbows or lower back called sciatic nerve inflammation.
3) Tendonitis is inflammation to the tendons in every area & includes almost every part of your body that you use continuously. It is in the back, knees, hands, feet, toes & fingers too. There are other areas also but too many to list. You know when you have tendonitis because it will be painful in that area for a while if continue to use that part of your body all the time without resting it for a few days. The pain to tendons will make you wish you had paid attention to not over-working them in that area that is excruciating. I happen to have problems in my upper & lower back when I over-work or use them a lot. It also comes from trying to get rid of a sciatic nerve problem that continuously gives you problems also. Working this problem out is definitely a major problem during any exercise that helps 1 area & overworks the other area too.
4) Laryngitis is inflammation to the larynx or voice box. This is caused by overusing your voice when screaming or yelling or talking or singing which gets your voice box inflamed & sore. It can also be caused by other problems like the upper respiratory infections, flu, allergies & environmental irritants like smoke & dust. If overuse of larynx or voice box, it is usually from when at a game & cheering on your favorite team or person in a game or in a race when you can’t hear yourself at all over others who are screaming too. You just have to let it sit & take its course to get your voice back from this.
5) Bronchitis is inflammation to the bronchial tubes. When getting bronchitis, you will get a tickle in your chest that goes deep. After getting this deep tickle in your chest, it turns into a hack which is painful & will make your collarbone rattle. Then from that, you will have your face turn red about 3 shades as you cough & are gasping for air. You keep coughing which seems to never quit. If you don’t know where your bronchial tubes are, the bronchial tubes are larger passages of your lungs delivering oxygen to your body. The bronchitis is caused by bacteria, viruses, dust, car exhaust & smoking cigarettes. Depending on your condition & how bad the bronchitis is, this will determine how long you have it & whether it lasts for 1-2 weeks or for months at a time. Fluids still help in all these types of inflammation & also how active the nutrients are in the fluids will determine how long you have your inflammation in most of these types here listed.
6) Conjunctivitis is called pinkeye which is inflammation to the delicate membrane that lines the eyelid & covers the eyeball. this causes redness & irritation which you shouldn’t use fingers or hands to rub it. It will spread to others easily. Washing hands & fingers or the parts of your body that has touched that part of your eye with antibacterial soap will prevent the conjunctivitis from spreading to others at all. This is very serious & is like a cold or the flu which comes from bacteria or viruses that you have contracted from. It usually takes a week to get rid of & is very hard not to keep from getting on hands & fingers if rubbed at all or all the time. Don’t wear your contact lenses when having pinkeye. It will only make it worse.
7) Phlebitis is inflammation to the blood vessels or veins at the surface. They usually occur in the legs a lot. If hits deeper, it can be serious & develop an infection. Some occasions when blood clots form in that area & break free, they can lodge in a dangerous spot like the lungs or head. You may never know it if left untouched. There are certain people who can get this if they don’t maintain their bodies & are overweight. This isn’t to scare anyone, but to get people to learn more about what can take place at certain times in their lives. This might happen to a woman who has just given birth or those suffering an injury to a leg or had recent surgery. If you have recurring symptoms of this type of inflammation, you need to have supervision from your doctor to keep it under the radar.
8) Gout is inflammation to a toe or even to your shin which would be just above your ankle. It will become red & swollen or even your big toe will get swollen & red. These parts usually get really big also. This is caused by uric acid which is a chemical produced from the kidneys & not removed through flushing when urinating. The uric acid crystallizes as tiny amounts & lodges in the joints until it gets into an area like the big toe or shin which is affected as hot, swollen or extremely tender. It wakes you from the deepest sleep & can keep you up for hours if not taken care of.
If you find that you need to comment on & ask questions, leave me a comment or question & I will return to you as quick as I can.